This recipe has to be one of my favorites to date. I think it is out of this world delicious, and like I tell everyone, every time I post a recipe – make it to your liking. You can add or subtract ingredients as you wish. I personally wish I had mushrooms lying around my house when I made it.
What you need:
1 cup coconut flour (gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, very healthy, packed with fiber)
1/4 cup coconut oil (Natures fat burner)
1/4 cup Earth Balance Omega-3 natural butter spread
1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 whole eggs
5 egg whites
7 pieces of turkey bacon – crumbled into small pieces
1/2 cup reduced fat Feta cheese
4 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Spices of choice (I used Garlic)
What you do:
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees
2) Spray standard baking pan thoroughly with nonstick spray and set aside
3) Place butter spread and coconut oil in a small, microwavable bowl, and microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted.
4) Take a large bowl and with a spoon, mix coconut flour, coconut oil, butter spread, and Almond milk altogether until you a thick, wet texture
5) Pour in baking and mash around until bottom is thoroughly coated.
6) Place crust in the oven for 10 minutes. While the crust is cooking…
7) Rinse the large bowl previously used (or use another) until clean.
8) Place 3 eggs, 5 egg whites, feta cheese, spinach, bacon, and spices into bowl.
9) Whisk until eggs and everything are mixed
10) Remove crust from oven (once the 10 minutes are up), pour protein mixture over crust, and top with low fat mozzarella cheese.
11) Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes (mine only took 30, but this could vary)
12) Remove casserole from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
Serving size: 7
(will vary based on ingredients and brands used. This is to be used as a guide, only)